Saturday, May 23, 2009







Hello! My name is Desiree Roy and I am going to be a junior at IUPUI this fall. I am 20 years old and am in school to be an elementary education teacher. I love kids and enjoy being around them and helping them learn. My goal as a teacher is to make every student enjoy being in class and want to come to school to learn everyday. I feel like many students are lacking that these days. Outside of school I am very busy doing homework or working. I have barely any free time with those two things combined. My job is at Johnny Carino's in Greenwood, across from the Greenwood Park Mall. It is an Italian restaurant that is very delicious! Here I am a waitress full time. When I do have any free time though, it is spent at home with my new puppy. I have had him for almost 2 months now and he is a handful! His name is Milo and he is some sort of Jack Russel mix. I also enjoy spending time with my family, friends and boyfriend of 6 years. Watching movies is a must, I own a ton and can never get tired of watching a good movie every now and then. My parents and younger sister live in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. It is very sad because I miss them all so much, but it is nice to have somewhere to go on vacations. I hope to maybe move closer to them once I graduate. As of now, I am just enjoying the summertime and hoping to make it a good one. I have started reading the Twilight series so it gives me something to do outside on the nice days we've been having :)

Setting up the blog was not extremely hard for me because I have experienced with blogs before. It took a little bit to get used to it again and remember how to set it all up, but I felt like it was pretty self explanatory with handling the colors and blogs etc. Tips would be just to follow the instructions and it should not be too hard!That is all for now!

Wiki Link: http://des3857.wikispaces.com/

6 comments:

  1. You're probably trying to read this, while prying yourself away from the Twilight series. It's an amazing series and my students love it. Speaking of which, let me know your secret to getting every kid to love school (when you've figured it out). I'm still working on it after 7 years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I as well want to make my classroom a place where students would actually enjoying coming to! I have had many teachers who act as if the only reason they are there is because they have to be; so the students obvioulsy lacked enthusiam for school. I wish you the best of luck once you graduate! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed your blog because we share similar goals as future teachers. I couldn't imagine being that far from my family... you are a strong girl for that... I have been to Myrtle Beach many times on vacation... My aunt lives in South Carolina probably 45 minutes from the beach... I love it there... Enjoy your summer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your way of thinking as a future teacher. You are totally right: kids should all want to learn and have a good time in school.
    I love the Twilight series. What book are you on? I don't know a girl that hasn't read this series.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hola! You commented on my blog and asked how living on campus was. It was okay but very expensive for what you get. The house I am renting now is almost $400 cheaper and it is bigger than the campus apartments. They were nice though becuase they were furnished already and I didn't have to deal with parking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your thoughts and how you presented them. Your blog looks very appealing.
    It seems you have a good head on your shoulders, by having the determination to suceed! This blog shows your personality and it will bring out the best in you when you become an elementary teacher! I cannot wait to view your podcast and see what you have come up with!

    ReplyDelete